Tinkertime Launch 2016

Tinkertime was so much fun!

It was an opportunity to plan, create and produce something. Learning how to be creative is an important part of problem solving. It also means taking risks and trying something new or different. The results may not always be perfect. The skills and knowledge gained from the experience are for more valuable and long lasting. Such is the nature of the Maker movement and STEM education.

The Maker Education movement is becoming an increasing influence in Education. It recognises the need for students to make things in order to learn skills and cater for the needs of students. There are many students who learn better when they are tinkering, sketching and making.

Last year, Mount Annan Christian College received a grant to help fund our unique version of a Maker and STEM education. Tinkertime is our response to giving our students the opportunity to create and make. Today was the entry event for our project, which will continue throughout the year.

We started with an Announcement from the Mayor of MACCCOT (Mount Annan Christian College Community of Tomorrow).

Then we got pictures of our houses and started building….

We might have some budding architects and builders in our midst.

It was a wonderful day! What did you enjoy the most about Tinkertime?

5 thoughts on “Tinkertime Launch 2016

1. Hello Three Tee & Mrs. Todd,

Tinkertime was very fun I enjoyed building my house and I especially enjoyed seeing the houses you guys and girls built.
    I loved the street name (Toddy Terrace) and I enjoyed seeing the other houses to.
    The other thing I loved was seeing the extra things that people put in like the cars.
    I am very excited to do Tinkertime every week=).

From Nicholas 3T=)

2. Hi Mrs. Todd
    my favorite part of tinker time is making the homes and the sleepover was awesome and cool I had fun at the school today I hope you have a good day tomorrow and today and last you are the best teacher in the hole inter world.

from katherine

3. Dear Mrs Todd , 🙂

my favorite thing about this term so far is Tinkertime.
    I got to make my house with my friends,
    I got to craft and make stuff and last of all is having fun .
    peace out man or girl 🙂
    love from your student Maddison

4. Dear Mrs Todd
    I enjoyed making craft in tinker time,
    thank you Mrs Pope and Mrs Todd and the rest of the teachers for
    organizing the Tinker time assignments, if I had fun doing I’m sure that everyone else would
    have also loved the 1st assignment and had fun. Me and my friends can not wait until
    next weeks assignment:):):)
    Love Shannen

5. Dear MRS TODD . Thank you for a Wonderful 1st Term of School. I hope you can help me to have another Term of happy days . But before all that when it was the holidays I learnt how to knit I lost a few stiches eventually I knitted 40 stiches than I gave my knitting a rest when I’m finished my I will knit people a scarf. Lots of Love and hugs Teaghan